Thursday, March 31, 2011

Family Memories

My sister Debbie and her family came to Utah for their Spring Break March 25-31. Sunday March 27, was the 2 year anniversary of my Mother's death. My sisters, my dad and our families met at the grave to decorate it with flowers. Then went to my house to visit. We talked cross stitch, ate dinner and watched home movies. It was so much fun to get together and reminisce. I'm very grateful our family was able to be together on that day. My sister's and I laughed at our hair styles and clothes in the home movies. We loved seeing our Mother again and our grandparents. I'm so grateful I have those special memories with my loved ones! It was a good day although very nostalgic. We all wished my Mother could have been there to join in the laughter and reminiscing. I'm know she was there in Spirit and I'm grateful for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement which allow our family to be together forever!
Nicky and my dad

Katelynn puting flower petals on my mother's grave.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow!! I though for a minute that Elizabeth was Katelyn in the picture of the grandkids.

nathan n rachel said...

I love the picture with all the Grandkids!

Being Breta said...

Looking at the picture of you girls with your Dad, and the Grandkids with him, I realized how your Mother lives on through each of you girls and your children, and will continue "living" (as part of earth life)as long as she has posterity living! What a marvelous plan our Father had for us, his children!