Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend 2010

On Saturday night, the day before Mother's Day, Wes and I attended a session at the Salt Lake Temple. What a beautiful, sacred experience! There is nothing like attending a live session and I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to do so.
The next day Wes and I picked up Shirley, my mother-in-law, to take her out to eat. We stopped at my mother's grave to put flowers and a wreath from my sister's and I. I cut the rest of my Daffodils, Hyacinths and some branches from my Bleeding Heart bushes to put on the grave. Shirley had me cut some Lilacs from her yard and I put these at the grave too. I also put flowers at my Grandmother Wilkerson's grave which is next to my mother's. Afterwards we headed up to Texas Roadhouse in Sandy. I told Wes I wanted to go there because two of my step-children, Nicole and Kyle, were working. I only missed seeing my step-daughter Amber and her two kids. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed being with my family. Katelynn gave me a flower key chain and card she did at preschool. She was so excited about Mother's Day and really enjoyed spending time with Grandma Sanford.








2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

I love the Salt Lake Temple. Nathan and I did a session before we moved out here. It was really neat and gorgeous. :)

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

What a fun mother's day for you! Yes I have to agree that a live session is an incredible experience. LOVE YOU! Happy Birthday!!!